The national SeaPerch challenge was inspired by the rescue of the young lads of a Thai soccer team, who were exploring the cave when unexpected heavy rains came and flooded their way back out. The challenge involves building a submersible Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV)
This summer, club member Tom Tosh worked with students from nearby Brumby Elementary School to develop an entry, using the club swimming pool as a test tank for the ROV trials.
(Click pic to enlarge/run slideshow)
- Breadboarding the beacon circuit Breadboarding the beacon circuit
- The beacon sensor -- so tiny! The beacon sensor -- so tiny!
- Beacon leads, and success! Beacon leads, and success!
- A beautiful morning A beautiful morning
- The "Vault" The "Vault"
- Obstacle course Obstacle course
- Obstacle course practice Obstacle course practice
- Course in pool Course in pool
- Otto and one of our TWO beacons. Otto and one of our TWO beacons.
- SeaPerch example (under construction) SeaPerch example (under construction)
- Deep, Deep, Deep Deep, Deep, Deep
- How we classify our skills How we classify our skills
- DeKay's brown snake (storeria dekayi) DeKay's brown snake (storeria dekayi)
- The Cave Rescue -- guiding our summer program The Cave Rescue -- guiding our summer program
- Beacon in the water! Beacon in the water!
- Turbo, our temporary mascot Turbo, our temporary mascot